Re: Please consider unblocking gradm2 2.1.9-2.1

On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 08:33:48PM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:

> I have just uploaded a NMU of gradm2, to fix its pending l10n
> issues (and, if needed, very minor QA issues).

> Actually, with the maintainer's agreement, this consisted in the
> removal of the debconf note.

Where did the maintainer agree to this?  The only reply I see in the bug log
of #316834 is a *disagreement* with you.

You also acknowledged that the second template (arguably the more important
one) belongs in NEWS.Debian, but your patch drops that template completely.
Granted, that note was never being /displayed/, but I don't think it's
correct to remove the text from the package completely when it could be left
in place for reference or (better) put in a NEWS.Debian.

Anyway, I completely agree with you that these debconf notes are abuse of
debconf, but I still think this is out of scope for a freeze exception
without the maintainer's consent.