Re: Request release of new LSBdev packages for Etch

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 02:36:47PM -0500, Stuart Anderson wrote:

> I would like to ask that the following package updates be approved for
> inclusion in testing/Etch.

> lsb-build-base3_3.1.1-3
> -----------------------

> This fixes #405749 which should be RC, even though I haven't raised the
> priority on it. This new package also picks up a number of smaller, but
> valid fixes from upstream. The issues fixed by these smaller fixes still
> have a reasonable chance of biting someone when they try to use this
> package.

> When viewing the debdiff, there are some non-trivial looking changes in
> some perl scripts. These scripts are not part of the binary packages, and
> are not even used at build time (they are used by the upstream to generate
> many of the file in this package), so I hope they do not become sticking
> points when evaluating this package.

Which bits, precisely, are ignorable as no-ops?

There are quite a few whitespace changes in the headers, which are obviously
no-ops but nevertheless make reviewing the diff awkward.

I could maybe see unblocking this just on the grounds that this is a
standards implementation, and shipping what matches upstream is important
even if it introduces practical regressions for building against...

> lsb-pkgchk3-3.1.1-2
> -------------------

> This is also part of the fix for #405749. The debdiff is very
> straight-froward.

Clear enough, unblocked.

> lsb-appchk3-3.1.1-3

> This is also part of the fix for #405749. This part of the debdiff is
> the same as for lsb-pkgchk3-3.1.1-2. In addition, it contains the fix
> for RC bug #395895 (rpmchk.h) which was in the -2 package that through
> some oversight, never got uploaded.

Also unblocked.

Thanks,