Re: Please unblock wu-ftpd 2.6.2-25

Quoting Nicolas François (nicolas.francois@centraliens.net):
> Dear release team,
>
> Please unblock wu-ftpd 2.6.2-25.
>
> It fixes some translations (de, eu, ja), and a typo.
> Unfortunately, some old PO files were added (*.po~), but that should not
> be a problem. I CC wu-ftpd's maintainer in case he wants to fix this in a
> later upload.

As I reported against po-debconf recently, this is indeed an indirect
effect of default behaviour changes in gettext: backup files are
created by default when using "msgmerge" (of course onyl when changes
really happen to the PO files).

As a consequence, po-debconf should enforce not creating backup files
when running debconf-updatepo. This could become a problem in the
future as more and more packages run debconf-updatepo in the clean target.