From: Ryan Boren <ryan@boren.nu>
To: Kai Hendry <hendry@iki.fi>
Subject: Re: Etch
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 13:52:27 -0800

On 3/5/07, Kai Hendry <hendry@iki.fi> wrote:
>On 2007-03-05T09:46-0800 Ryan Boren wrote:
>> On 3/5/07, Kai Hendry <hendry@iki.fi> wrote:
>> >http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=413269
>> >If you say you can confirm support 2.0.x Wordpress like you agreed to
>> >before, I can take it from there.
>> We are committed to supporting 2.0.x until 2010.
>I was chatting with one of the guys in debian-security and he suggests
>to seal the deal, that I convince upstream (that's you) *only* to do
>security fixes on the 2.0.x branch. Think we can do that?

Beyond security problems, we typically only fix very high profile bugs
such as the feedburner issue and the bugs leading up to it.  We also
try to preserve forward compatibility with new releases of php, which
can be a pain in the ass.  During normal circumstances, however, 2.0
is strictly security fixes.  We'd had a number of those lately,
unfortunately, but that is due in part to the fact that WordPress
recently has been receiving a huge amount of security audit attention.
We're nearing the point where our security has been picked over by
everyone's fine tooth combs.  After the next release, I think the
security updates should slow down.