Re: D-I RC2 - Status and schedule - Post-Etch development

On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 08:49:28PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Sunday 04 March 2007 20:21, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > The upgrade process from ssh-krb5 to openssh-client and openssh-server
> > is still broken, albeit in a more minor way.  I've filed two patches
> > (#404863 and #407766) that should fix the remaining issues.
> >
> > OpenSSH produces a udeb package.
> >
> > I'd really like to have this upgrade be clean for etch if possible,
> > since I believe there's a substantial install base of ssh-krb5 at
> > academic institutions with large Kerberos infrastructures.  Is there
> > any hope of getting an additional OpenSSH upload that includes these
> > two patches?
>
> The question if the change is acceptable for Etch and if it is worth
> delaying D-I RC2 for it, is for the RMs to answer.
> The only information I can give is that ssh _is_ included in some D-I
> initrds and thus I would have to delay the upload of debian-installer
> until they have migrated to testing.
>
> If the RMs decide to accept this change, openssh should be uploaded ASAP
> with priority high. Of course, at this late stage of the release you
> should also be absolutely certain that the change will not break
> anything.

Sorry about the delay here. I've uploaded openssh 1:4.3p2-9 with Russ'
patches (the second one tweaked in the obvious way to apply on top of
the first) at urgency=high. I've tested as best I can in a chroot, both
by upgrading from sarge's ssh-krb5 and with a fresh install of ssh-krb5.

The source affecting the udebs is identical to that in 1:4.3p2-8, but
you may want to wait for it anyway ...