Re: Please consider kdevelop 4:3.4.0-1 for etch

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 11:26:23AM +0100, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> Markus.Grunwald@pruftechnik.com writes:
> > So I beg you to let kdevelop 4:3.4.0-1 (or later ;) ) come into etch.
>
> As this is a new minor upstream release, we will not unfreeze this
> package.

Doesn't the sentence "This bug (and others that were fixed, too)
caused kdevelop to be quite unusable for us, because we couldn't debug
our software." qualify this as something slightly more important than
a minor update?  Our choices are 1. not releasing etch with kdevelop
at all; 2. releasing a version so buggy as to be "quite unusable",
even to its maintainers; 3. releasing with a version specifically
intended to fix important bugs.  Are we really doing a service to our
users by choosing number 2?

noah