Re: [stable, D-I] Kernel selection broken for some architectures

On Friday 02 March 2007 14:18, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Thursday 01 March 2007 16:11, Frans Pop wrote:
> > For the mean time I have added an erratum item in the appropriate
> > places on the website (will be visible after next website rebuild): -
> > http://www.debian.org/releases/sarge/debian-installer/
> > - http://www.debian.org/CD/releases/
>
> do you think it's reasonable to mention the powerpc 3.1r5 brokeness of
> the full CDs there as well? (the first one doesnt boot...)

Well, something can only been mentioned if it is reported...

What would help most I guess is some investigation into _why_ it broke.
What changed relative to 3.1r4 to cause the regression (if indeed it did
still work with r4; if not, what was the last version that did work)?

Please start by filing a bug report against cdimage.debian.org.