Re: Making mediawiki FHS compliant

Le samedi 24 février 2007 17:02, vous avez écrit :
> > Frank, if you think this can be solved cleanly in mediawiki1.7 why don't
> > you just put up a complete patch instead of only one of the things to do
> > ? If then it looks good, I would apply it happily.
>
> Hm, I didn't do it mostly because if I send a complete patch, I don't do
> that without exhaustive testing.  And this I didn't want to do on a bug
> that had an etch-ignore tag.  But it seems the tag is based on
> incomplete information about options to solve the bug, isn't it?

You say that while later on you claimed not to understand everything about the
package (update script). Don't you have the impression that this judgement is
also based on incomplete information on the package ?

That's why I propose you to do the work you are asking us. Then you'll
understand all the things about the package, and will be able to state such
assomption.

I say this without any anger, I would be pleased to upload a package that
corrects this bug, but I am almost sure that the amount of change needed will
never make it into etch.

Romain