Re: Re: Bugfix uploads

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 01:42:35AM +0100, Thibaut VARENE wrote:
> Vorlon wrote:
> >On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 03:32:18AM +0100, Thibaut VARENE wrote:
> >> I just uploaded libapache-mod-musicindex 1.1.4-1

> >Fairly large diff, fairly low-impact bugs AFAICS; not unblocked.

> Err, "fairly large"? The code almost hasn't changed.

For a package that's a webserver module, changes to CSS and HTML certainly
count as code changes.

> The only thing that changed are text strings in said code because I
> modified the html that is output (and checked it still valid, of course).
> You can assert that by checking that the biggest changes are in html.c and
> musicindex.css... I thought it'd be ok, even more since you ACK'd the same
> kind of "formatting changes" for uptimed...

My understanding is that the changes here are /functional/ changes, not
formatting changes to the code: the changelog describes changes to how local
overrides are allowed, which could conceivably interact poorly with other
ways folks are already using the package even though the html/css shipped by
the package itself validates fine.

But I'm really not looking for proof that this doesn't happen -- the point
is that it doesn't appear to be trivially provable, so given that these
aren't updates that we *need* for the release, I'd rather give it a pass and
spend my effort on those fixes we do still need in order to get etch out.

Thanks,