Re: Please unblock mysql-dfsg-5.0 5.0.32-6 <- ABI problems!

On Sunday 18 February 2007 20:58, Christian Hammers wrote:
> The l10n Debconf changes will be made in unstable only. Do you allow
> t-p-u uploads that consists of Debconf changes with *complete*
> translations? Then I will do that once I have them all (thanks to
> Christian Perriers mail 8/10 are already there).

Yes, you can. Translation/documentation updates are valid reasons for
migration, so including them is no problem. The issue was that there
should be no unnecessary regressions in new versions for testing for
translations.
So, if you get all translations updated, you can include them.

If you are missing one or two, you could even consider including them
anyway and to manually "unfuzzy" the missing ones.
However, that depends on the nature of the changes in the English text:
in order to do that the changes have to be small enough that the old
translation still accurately reflects the new English text (or at least,
can still be expected to do so).
You will not hinder the work of the translators if you do this as their
translation will still be fuzzy in unstable, so they will have to review
and update their translation eventually.

Cheers,
FJP