Re: please consider ecj-bootstrap_3.2.1-6 for testing

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 09:51:45AM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
> Steve Langasek writes:
> > On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 02:02:29AM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
> > > please consider ecj-bootstrap_3.2.1-6 for testing; for general usage
> > > it's a no-change update, it refactores the main class and adds another
> > > entry point (GCCMain), which allows bootstrapping of newer gcj
> > > versions.

> > Reviewing the diff is infeasible.

> What is infeasible? It's a move of some code in a new method
> (handleWarningToken), without changing it, plus addition of an unused
> class GCCMain.

It's a 1200-line diff, which is a significant chunk of time taken away from
working on RC bugs.

> > Why are these changes important to have in etch?

> It allows bootstrapping of newer gcj versions in testing.

Well, that doesn't sound like something I'm going to want to spend time
looking at instead of working on RC bugs.  I don't see why they need to be
bootstrapped in etch instead of in lenny.