Fixing xmms2 via t-p-u? (Re: Please unblock or remove xmms2)

Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt a écrit :

Filipus Klutiero <ido@vif.ca> writes:
xmms2-plugin-faad needs to be removed from testing.
Please either unblock xmms2 0.2DrHouse-3.1 or remove xmms2.

Wouldn't an upload with the patch from -3.1 to tpu (based on the version
in testing) also solve our problem?

I was just pointing to a [rather] easy RC bug. It presumably would, by I'm pinging aba, as I guess there was a reason he didn't upload to t-p-u.

I'm unwilling to hint the new
upstream version in, but removing it altogether also sounds like a bad
idea.

Note that there were two weeks with apparently no maintainer action for an easy fix to a serious bug.

Thanks for checking this.