Re: Request freeze exception for illuminator

On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 09:59:25AM -0500, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> Please consider illuminator for a freeze exception.  It does not build
> on HPPA because petsc (which I also maintain) )doesn't build on HPPA,
> which in turn is because of a python bug, #354139.

Nevertheless, this is a problem that it's your responsibility as maintainer
to resolve if you want the package included in the release.  If you believe
the package should be included in etch without the hppa binary, you need to
ask the ftpmasters to remove the old hppa binary from unstable.

> Illuminator is bug-free and lintian clean.  It went into unstable 9 days
> ago, so is scheduled to enter testing tomorrow, if unfrozen.  It was
> part of sarge and woody, and if at all possible I would like it to be in
> etch as well.

The time for this issue to have been resolved was three months ago, before
the targetted release date, not one week ago (or tomorrow, given that hppa
is still not sorted).  illuminator at this point has been gone from testing
for over a year; I'm not likely to take time away from working on release
blockers to consider such an update.