Re: kernel-patch-openvz and new patch revision

Ola Lundqvist wrote:
Hi

On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 06:48:30PM +0100, Luk Claes wrote:
Ola Lundqvist wrote:
Hi

I have got a request from upstream to change the patch revision
>from 028test007.1 to 028test015. The reason behind this is that
it is "definitly more stable" than the 028test007.1 version and
have a number of bugfixes corrected.

So I want to ask you if it is ok to upload a new version of this
patch for etch, and if you will accept it.
Can you point us at a source package (for example by uploading to experimental) or something like that so we have an idea of what the actual difference would be?

I think it will be difficult to spot the difference as it have
to be reapplied which would cause a huge amount of differences
in the patch file. Different order in the patch file give other
differences...

diff -u patch-2.6.18.5-debian-ovz028test007.1-combined  patch-ovz028test015.1-combined | wc -l
251086

So no not that easy to review unfortunatly.

Kir: Do you know any easy way to see the differences between
the two versions?
Well, one can use our GIT repo and see the detailed changelog, roughly these two pages

http://git.openvz.org/?p=linux-2.6.18-openvz;a=log;h=028test015
http://git.openvz.org/?p=linux-2.6.18-openvz;a=log;h=028test015;pg=1