Can reports of serious policy violations be downgraded to important?

Romain Beauxis a écrit :

Le dimanche 4 février 2007 13:35, vous avez écrit :
Anyway, one of the bugs is serious. If you keep the bugs merged, the merged
reports should have the maximum severity, i.e. serious rather than
important. So please upgrade.

It is serious regarding the policy violation.
However, I do not want to set it to serious as for now because of what Steve said.
What Steve said is for #393962 but not #388616.

If you wish to add a RC bug more to debian, please ask to the release managers if they feel that this should be solved for debian etch.

Release team: I believe that #388616 should be upgraded back to serious. Please state that you agree with Romain if the report shouldn't be upgraded back to serious.