nmap_4.20-1 unblock request

Please consider nmap 4.20-1 for etch.  Nearly all of the bugs ever filed
against nmap have been enhancements, etc.  It would be a shame to not
have the latest nmap in etch, especially now that it's over 50 days
old...

Upstream's changelog below.

thoughts?
lamont

# Nmap Changelog ($Id: CHANGELOG 4229 2006-12-08 03:02:09Z fyodor $); -*-text-*-
4.20

o Integrated the latest OS fingerprint submissions.  The 2nd
  generation DB size has grown to 231 fingerprints.  Please keep them
  coming!  New fingerprints include Mac OS X Server 10.5 pre-release,
  NetBSD 4.99.4, Windows NT, and much more.

o Fixed a segmentation fault in the new OS detection system
  which was reported by Craig Humphrey and Sebastian Garcia.

o Fixed a TCP sequence prediction difficulty indicator bug. The index
  is supposed to go from 0 ("trivial joke") to about 260 (OpenBSD).
  But some systems generated ISNs so insecurely, that Nmap went
  berserk and reported a negative difficulty index.  This generally
  only affects some printers, crappy consumer devices, and Microsoft
  Windows (old versions).  Thanks to Sebastian Garcia for helping me
  track down the problem.

4.20RC2

o Integrated all of your OS detection submissions since RC1.  The DB
  has increased 13% to 214 fingerprints.  Please keep them coming!
  New fingerprints include versions of z/OS, OpenBSD, Linux, AIX,
  FreeBSD, Cisco CatOS, IPSO firewall, and a slew of printers and
  misc. devices.  We also got our first Windows 95 fingerprint,
  submitted anonymously of course :).

o Fixed (I hope) the "getinterfaces: intf_loop() failed" error which
  was seen on Windows Vista.  The problem was apparently in
  intf-win32.c of libcnet (need to define MIB_IF_TYPE_MAX to
  MAX_IF_TYPE rather than 32).  Thanks to Dan Griffin
  (dan(a)jwsecure.com) for tracking this down!

o Applied a couple minor bug fixes for IP options
  support and packet tracing.  Thanks to Michal Luczaj
  (regenrecht(a)o2.pl) for reporting them.

o Incorporated SLNP (Simple Library Network Protocol) version
  detection support.  Thanks to Tibor Csogor (tibi(a)tiborius.net) for
  the patch.

4.20RC1

o Fixed (I hope) a bug related to Pcap capture on Mac OS X.  Thanks to
  Christophe Thil for reporting the problem and to Kurt Grutzmacher
  and Diman Todorov for helping to track it down.

o Integrated all of your OS detection submissions since ALPHA11.  The
  DB has increased 27% to 189 signatures.  Notable additions include
  the Apple Airport Express, Windows Vista RC1, OpenBSD 4.0, a Sony
  TiVo device, and tons of broadband routers, printers, switches, and
  Linux kernels.  Keep those submissions coming!

o Upgraded the included LibPCRE from version 6.4 to 6.7.  Thanks to
  Jochen Voss (voss(a)seehuhn.de) for the suggestion (he found some bugs
  in 6.4)

4.20ALPHA11

o Integrated all of your OS detection submissions, bringing the
  database up to 149 fingerprints.  This is an increase of 28% from
  ALPHA10.  Notable additions include FreeBSD 6.1, a bunch of HP
  LaserJet printers, and HP-UX 11.11.  We also got a bunch of more
  obscure submissions like Minix 3.1.2a and "Ember InSight Adapter for
  programming EM2XX-family embedded devices".  Who doesn't have a few
  of those laying around?  I'm hoping that all the obscure submissions
  mean that more of the mainstream systems are being detected out of
  the box!  Please keep those submissions (obscure or otherwise)
  coming!

4.20ALPHA10

o Integrated tons of new OS fingerprints.  The DB now contains 116
  fingerprints, which is up 63% since the previous version.  Please keep
  the submissions coming!

4.20ALPHA9

o Integrated the newly submitted OS fingerprints. The DB now contains
  71 fingerprints, up 27% from 56 in ALPHA8.  Please keep them coming!
  We still only have 4.2% as many fingerprints as the gen1 database.

o Added the --open option, which causes Nmap to show only open ports.
  Ports in the states "open|closed" and "unfiltered" might be open, so
  those are shown unless the host has an overwhelming number of them.

o Nmap gen2 OS detection used to always do 2 retries if it fails to
  find a match.  Now it normally does just 1 retry, but does 4 retries
  if conditions are good enough to warrant fingerprint submission.
  This should speed things up on average.  A new --max-os-tries option
  lets you specify a higher lower maximum number of tries.

o Added --unprivileged option, which is the opposite of --privileged.
  It tells Nmap to treat the user as lacking network raw socket and
  sniffing privileges.  This is useful for testing, debugging, or when
  the raw network functionality of your operating system is somehow
  broken.

o Fixed a confusing error message which occured when you specified a
  ping scan or list scan, but also specified -p (which is only used for
  port scans).  Thanks to Thomas Buchanan for the patch.

o Applied some small cleanup patches from Kris Katterjohn

4.20ALPHA8

o Integrated the newly submitted OS fingerprints.  The DB now contains
  56, up 33% from 42 in ALPHA7.  Please keep them coming!  We still only
  have 3.33% as many signatures as the gen1 database.

o Nmap 2nd generation OS detection now has a more sophisticated
  mechanism for guessing a target OS when there is no exact match in the
  database (see http://insecure.org/nmap/osdetect/osdetect-guess.html )

o Rewrote mswin32/nmap.rc to remove cruft and hopefully reduce some
  MFC-related compilation problems we've seen.  Thanks to KX
  (kxmail(a)gmail.com) for doing this.

o NmapFE now uses a spin button for verbosity and debugging options so
  that you can specify whatever verbosity (-v) or debugging (-d) level
  you desire.  The --randomize-hosts option was also added to NmapFE.
  Thanks to Kris Katterjohn for the patches.

o A dozen or so small patches to Nmap and NmapFE by Kris Katterjohn.

o Removed libpcap/Win32 and libpcap/msdos as Nmap doesn't use them.
  This reduces the Nmap tar.bz2 by about 50K.  Thanks to Kris Katterjohn
  for the suggestion.

4.20ALPHA7

o Did a bunch of Nmap 2nd generation fingerprint integration work.
  Thanks to everyone who sent some in, though we still need a lot more.
  Also thanks to Zhao for a bunch of help with the integration tools.
  4.20ALPHA6 had 12 fingerprints, this new version has 42.  The old DB
  (still included) has 1,684.

o Updated nmap-mac-prefixes to reflect the latest OUI DB from the IEEE
  (http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/oui.txt) as of September 6, 2006.
  Also added the unregistered PearPC virtual NIC prefix, as suggested
  by Robert Millan (rmh(a)aybabtu.com).

o Applied some small internal cleanup patches by Kris Katterjohn.

4.20ALPHA6

o Fixed a bug in 2nd generation OS detection which would (usually) prevent
  fingerprints from being printed when systems don't respond to the 1st
  ICMP echo probe (the one with bogus code value of 9).  Thanks to
  Brandon Enright for reporting and helping me debug the problem.

o Fixed some problematic Nmap version detection signatures which could
  cause warning messages. Thanks to Brandon Enright for the initial patch.

4.20ALPHA5

o Worked with Zhao to improve the new OS detection system with
  better algorithms, probe changes, and bug fixes.  We're
  now ready to start growing the new database!  If Nmap gives you
  fingerprints, please submit them at the given URL.  The DB is still
  extremely small.  The new system is extensively documented at
  http://insecure.org/nmap/osdetect/ .

o Nmap now supports IP options with the new --ip-options flag.  You
  can specify any options in hex, or use "R" (record route), "T"
  (record timestamp), "U") (record route & timestamp), "S [route]"
  (strict source route), or "L [route]" (loose source route).  Specify
  --packet-trace to display IP options of responses.  For further
  information and examples, see http://insecure.org/nmap/man/ and
  http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2006/q3/0052.html .  Thanks to Marek
  Majkowski for writing and sending the patch.

o Integrated all 2nd quarter service detection fingerprint
  submissions.  Please keep them coming!  We now have 3,671 signatures
  representing 415 protocols.   Thanks to version detection czar Doug
  Hoyte for doing this.

o Nmap now uses the (relatively) new libpcap pcap_get_selectable_fd
  API on systems which support it.  This means that we no longer need
  to hack the included Pcap to better support Linux.  So Nmap will now
  link with an existing system libpcap by default on that platform if
  one is detected.  Thanks to Doug Hoyte for the patch.

o Updated the included libpcap from 0.9.3 to 0.9.4.  The changes I
  made are in libpcap/NMAP_MODIFICATIONS .  By default, Nmap will now
  use the included libpcap unless version 0.9.4 or greater is already
  installed on the system.

o Applied some nsock bugfixes from Diman Todorov.  These don't affect
  the current version of Nmap, but are important for his Nmap
  Scripting Engine, which I hope to integrate into mainline Nmap in
  September.

o Fixed a bug which would occasionally cause Nmap to crash with the
  message "log_vwrite: write buffer not large enough".  I thought I
  conquered it in a previous release -- thanks to Doug Hoyte for finding a
  corner case which proved me wrong.

o Fixed a bug in the rDNS system which prevented us from querying
  certain authoritative DNS servers which have recursion explicitly
  disabled.  Thanks to Doug Hoyte for the patch.

o --packet-trace now reports TCP options (thanks to Zhao Lei for the
  patch).  Thanks to the --ip-options addition also found in this
  release, IP options are printed too.

o Cleaned up Nmap DNS reporting to be a little more useful and
  concise.  Thanks to Doug Hoyte for the patch.

o Applied a bunch of small internal cleanup patches by Kris Katterjohn
  (kjak(a)ispwest.com).

o Fixed the 'distclean' make target to be more comprehensive.  Thanks
  to Thomas Buchanan (Thomas.Buchanan(a)thecompassgrp.net) for the
  patch.

Nmap 4.20ALPHA4

o Nmap now provides progress statistics in the XML output in verbose
  mode.  Here are some examples of the format (etc is "estimated time
  until completion) and times are in UNIX time_t (seconds since 1970)
  format. Angle braces have been replaced by square braces:
  [taskbegin task="SYN Stealth Scan" time="1151384685" /]
  [taskprogress task="SYN Stealth Scan" time="1151384715"
                percent="13.85" remaining="187" etc="1151384902" /]
  [taskend task="SYN Stealth Scan" time="1151384776" /]
  [taskbegin task="Service scan" time="1151384776" /]
  [taskend task="Service scan" time="1151384788" /]
  Thanks to Adam Vartanian (flooey(a)gmail.com) for the patch.

o Updated the Windows installer to give an option checkbox for
  performing the Nmap performance registry changes.  The default is to
  do so.  Thanks to Adam Vartanian (flooey(a)gmail.com) for the patch.

o Applied several code cleanup patches from Marek Majkowski.

o Added --release-memory option, which causes Nmap to release all
  accessible memory buffers before quitting (rather than let the OS do
  it).  This is only useful for debugging memory leaks.

o Fixed a bug related to bogus completion time estimates when you
  request an estimate (through runtime interaction) right when Nmap is
  starting.a subsystem (such as a port scan or version detection).
  Thanks to Diman Todorov for reporting the problem and Doug Hoyte for
  writing a fix.

o Nmap no longer gets random numbers from OpenSSL when it is available
  because that turned out to be slower than Nmap's other methods
  (e.g. /dev/urandom on Linux, /dev/arandom on OpenBSD, etc.).  Thanks
  to Marek Majkowski for reporting the problem.

o Updated the Windows binary distributions (self-installer and .zip)
  to include the new 2nd generation OS detection DB (nmap-os-db).
  Thanks to Sina Bahram for reporting the problem.

o Fixed the --max-retries option, which wasn't being honored.  Thanks
  to Jon Passki (jon.passki(a)hursk.com) for the patch.

Nmap 4.20ALPHA3

o Added back Win32 support thanks to a patch by kx

o Fixed the English translation of TCP sequence difficulty reported by
  Brandon Enright, and also removed fingerprint printing for 1st
  generation fingerprints (I don't really want to deal with those
  anymore).  Thanks to Zhao Lei for writing this patch.

o Fix a problem which caused OS detection to be done in some cases
  even if the user didn't request it.  Thanks to Diman Todorov for the
  fix.

Nmap 4.20ALPHA2

o Included nmap-os-db (the new OS detection DB) within the release.
  Oops!  Thanks to Brandon Enright (bmenrigh(a)ucsd.edu) for catching
  this problem with 4.20ALPHA1.

o Added a fix for the crash in the new OS detection which would come
  with the message "Probe doesn't exist! Probe type: 1. Probe subid: 1"

Nmap 4.20ALPHA1

o Integrated initial 2nd generation OS detection patch!  The system is
  documented at http://insecure.org/nmap/osdetect/ .  Thanks to Zhao Lei
  for helping with the coding and design.

o portlist.cc was refactored to remove some code duplication.  Thanks
  to Diman Todorov for the patch.