Re: freeze exception: logcheck 1.2.53

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> [2007.01.25.1144 +0000]:
> I would greatly appreciate if you could exempt logcheck 1.2.53 from
> the freeze. It's scheduled to go in during Friday's second Britney
> run.

Executive summary: please let 1.2.53 through, I'll take
responsibility :)

I forgot to include the changelog in my last request:
  http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/logcheck/news/20070116T063201Z.html

It's long, but I've only added filters, except for the last three
entries. 1.2.53 is definitely fit for a freeze exception.

   * logcheck now chdir()s to /var/lib/logcheck before cleanup of the temporary
     directory. This should hopefully fix some of the "Check temporary
     directory" messages.

   * Check for existence of home directory of the system account. If it points
     to a non-existing directory, change it to /var/lib/logcheck. Also ignore
     the corresponding log entry by usermod.

These two were necessary to prevent logcheck failures when it
encountered a problem and couldn't dump a temporary file because it
had no home directory.

   * Modified the system account Gecos name to "logcheck system account".

And this one is just a cosmetic change over a previous version that
will only affect new installations.

Thanks,

"literature always anticipates life.
 it does not copy it, but moulds it to its purpose.
 the nineteenth century, as we know it,
 is largely an invention of balzac."
                                                        -- oscar wilde