Re: Removing quake2-data from etch

On 2007-01-27 Mike Hommey <mh@glandium.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 01:38:17PM +0100, Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org> wrote:
> > etch currently contains quake2-data 13-0.2, an installer package for
> > quake2 data files, which seems to be rather useless if the actual
> > quake2 engine is not shipped. (quake2 was removed from testing a year
> > ago due to rc bugs.)
> >
> > On a sidenote: Jamie, how about orphaning quake2-data and quake,
> > afaict you have not been maintaining it actively for a couple of
> > years.

> Why not just apply the patches sitting in the BTS for the 2 only RC
> bugs on quake2 that I can see, and let it propagate to testing ?

Hello,
the package has not really been touched for about three years. (The
last real upload, a later NMU just changed the package description.)

Afaiui apart from the stuff in the bts theses two changes are also
needed
* build-depend on libglu1-mesa-dev instead of virtual package
  xlibmesa-glu-dev
* run ./configure with --x-includes=/usr/include
  --x-libraries=/usr/lib

Also if it is simply rebuilt it will be built without DGA or
VidModeSwitch support even if x11proto-xf86vidmode-dev and
x11proto-xf86dga-dev are added to b-d. - ./configure is searching in
vain for -lXxf86vm_pic and -lXxf86dga_pic. The old sid package are
linked (statically) against these libraries.

re-auto-fooing might fix this. But at this point I stopped, since it
occured to me that even more hidden issues might exist and adding
something like this at short point before release might not be a good
idea.

Upstream is dead, too.

cu andreas

--
The 'Galactic Cleaning' policy undertaken by Emperor Zhark is a personal
vision of the emperor's, and its inclusion in this work does not constitute