Can liferea-gtkhtml be removed from etch?

[Summary for -release: Is removing liferea-gtkhtml too disruptive for etch?]

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 03:04:29PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 04:36:20PM -0600, Luis Rodrigo Gallardo Cruz wrote:
> > Upstream's response to #361376 is to recommend the dropping of
> > liferea-gtkhtml from 64bit arches. How does one go about that?
>
> Change the Architecture: field for liferea-gtkhtml in debian/control to list
> the 32-bit archs, instead of "any".
>
> But wouldn't it be fine to just drop this binary package on all archs?  I
> seem to remember that liferea-gtkhtml has had other problems on all archs in
> the past, and that the -xulrunner variant was recommended?

Yes, Lars has stated his intention to completely remove this rendering
engine.

To do so, I'd assume the right way to go would be to turn -gtkhtml
into a dummy package that pulls -xulrunner in.

In that case, the separate liferea-xulrunner package would be rather
pointless, as liferea would just pull it inconditionally. Should both
packages be just merged into one? Would *that* be too much of a change
to get into etch?

--
Rodrigo Gallardo
GPG-Fingerprint: 7C81 E60C 442E 8FBC D975  2F49 0199 8318 ADC9 BC28