coreutils 5.97-5.2

Hi,

        coreutils was NMU'd with permission to fix SELinux issues
 (changelogs below).  Unfortunately, it seems that the versions in
 unstable are not in sync;
,----
| __> rmadison coreutils
|  coreutils |    5.2.1-2 |        stable | source, alpha, arm, hppa,
|                                           i386, ia64, m68k, mips,
|                                           mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc
|  coreutils |     5.96-5 |      unstable | hurd-i386
|  coreutils |     5.97-5 |       testing | source, alpha, amd64, arm,
|                                           hppa, i386, ia64, m68k,
|                                           mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390,
|                                           sparc
|  coreutils |     5.97-5 |      unstable | s390
|  coreutils |   5.97-5.2 |      unstable | source, alpha, amd64, arm,
|                                           hppa, i386, ia64, m68k,
|                                           mips, mipsel, powerpc, sparc
|  coreutils |      6.0-1 |  experimental | source, alpha, amd64, hppa,
|                                           i386, powerpc, sparc
`----

        Looking at the build logs, I see the test pwd-long failed on
 s-390.  I need help diagnosing the problem, and was wondering if
 someone could help getting this resolved.

        It would be nice if we managed to get the SELinux fixes into
 etch.

        manoj

coreutils (5.97-5.2) unstable; urgency=low

  * This is an follow up non-maintainer upload to fix an issue introduced
    in my last NMU.  This fixes an FTBS bugs when building for non-SELinux
    environments, for example, for non Linux architectures.
  * Bug fix: "coreutils: FTBFS on hurd and kfreebsd: Unguarded usage of
    SELinux code", thanks to Michael Banck. I missed out on guarding
    assignments one.  Rather than use the suggested patch (which adds two
    members to a struct on non-selinux machines that would never get used,
    I went back and corrected the non-selinux patch, since that is the
    correct location to add this fix.  The version of the patch included
    in this version should do the right thing.            (Closes: #396655).

 -- Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org>  Sun,  5 Nov 2006 16:04:08 -0600

coreutils (5.97-5.1) unstable; urgency=low

  * With permission from the maintainer, this upload (from a non-maintainer)
    updates the SELinux patch, synchronizing with the latest patches from
    fedora core (:pserver:anonymous@cvs.fedora.redhat.com:/cvs/dist,
    repository rpms/coreutils/devel). The patches had to be tweaked for
    Debian. This bring coreutils into compatibility with the latest
    version of SELinux now in Debian.
  * Bug fix: "coreutils: Updated SELinux patch", thanks to Manoj
    Srivastava.  The NMU patch is available in that bug report,
    essentially, this is a minimal change upload.      (Closes: #394287).

 -- Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org>  Fri, 20 Oct 2006 15:11:27 -0500

--
"MTV.  An obedient tongue licking the shiny leather boot of rock and
roll." MTV commercial