Re: please unblock module-init-tools

On Thursday 18 January 2007 18:26, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Jan 18, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
> > This change is incompatible with D-I RC1 udebs, so I would prefer to
> > delay migration of this package until we start preparation for RC2
> > (which is waiting for the next kernel upload).
> >
> > However, the breakage in D-I would be relatively minor, so if the
> > other changes are really important to get into Etch, migration would
> > be acceptable.
>
> Maybe I am missing something, but you asked for this change.
> If the change is correct but you are not yet ready then it can wait, as
> long as the other fixes eventually end up in etch.

Yes, I did ask for the change.
However, changes in other udebs were needed because they assumed the old
situation (the presence of /etc/modprobe.conf). The udebs currently in
testing do not support the new (better) situation and thus I'd prefer to
migrate this package together with those other udebs as part of the
preparations for RC2.

The change is definitely targeted for Etch, so the other changes will
indeed make the Etch release.

Thanks,
FJP