Re: please consider smartmontools 5.37-1 for etch

Guido Guenther <agx@sigxcpu.org> writes:
> 5.37 contains consideral improvements for SATA drives and adds CCISS
> support, pre-releases of 5.37 have been in experimental since three
> months and 5.37-1 itself is in unstable now since the 21st of
> Decemeber.

Erm. The diff is enormous, due to a renaming from *.c to *.cpp. Besides
that, there seem to be some big code changes, for example
 os_linux.c                                          | 1527 ---
 os_linux.cpp                                        | 1956 ++++

I don't think that this should get a freeze exception. New upstream
versions aren't really what we are trying to get in our frozen
etch...

Marc
--
BOFH #402:
Secretary sent chain letter to all 5000 employees.