Please unblock avahi/0.6.16-2 nss-mdns/0.9-0.1
Please review and unblock avahi/0.6.16-2 and nss-mdns/0.9-0.1 as these
carry plenty of RC bug fixes. Changelogs below:
avahi (0.6.16-2) unstable; urgency=low
- Renamed to 03_avahi-daemon-init-unicast-disable.patch
- Added. Output a warning if avahi-daemon or avahi-dnsconfd are disabled
via /etc/default (Thanks Laurent Bigonville) (Closes: #405375)
- Add a warning if avahi-daemon isn't started because of the presence of a
unicast .local domain.
- Log to syslog if disabling avahi.
- Don't run if resolvconf is installed
- Added. Hook script for resolvconf
- Added. Ensure a value is always returned from a non-void function (From
- Added. Undo the bumping of the micro soname version to keep the soname
fully in sync with apple's (From upstream svn)
- Added. Don't log errors from recvmsg if there caused by broken ip
packets. Fixes log flooding on machines with bad links (From
upstream svn) (Closes: #386239)
- Added. Some fixes for unaligned accesses as seen on ia64 (From upstream
- Added. Set the unicast ipv6 socket as ipv6 only, as the linux ipv4 in
ipv6 misses some control info (From upstream svn)
- Added. It's valid for FIONREAD so handle this instead of throwing a
warning and failing (From upstream svn)
- Added. Only create a unicast ipv4 or ipv6 socket for widecast if
respectively ipv4 or ipv6 is enabled. (From upstream svn)
- Added. Prevent logging of bogus error message when adding static .local
hosts. (from upstream svn)
- Added. Let the bonjour compatibility layer handle NULL services
references gracefully and don't use the service reference after
unreffing it. (From upstream svn)
-- Sjoerd Simons <email@example.com> Sun, 7 Jan 2007 15:32:56 +0100
avahi (0.6.16-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release
* Uses a SO_PASSCRED-based check of the sending UID on netlink messages
* Removed patches which were merged upstream:
* Add ifupdown up and post-down hooks to disable avahi if there is a .local
unicast domain. Based on work from the Ubuntu package by Martin Pitt.
- Added. Prevent avahi from starting when there is a unicast .local domain
-- Sjoerd Simons <firstname.lastname@example.org> Thu, 28 Dec 2006 20:02:27 +0100
nss-mdns (0.9-0.1) unstable; urgency=high
* Non-maintainer upload to fix broken dependencies in the 0.8-6.1 NMU.
* Fix Depends on perl and avahi-daemon.
* Bump up dependency on avahi-daemon to >= 0.6.16-1 for the auto-disabling
functionality on sites with a .local SOA.
* New upstream release.
- Does not export unnecessary symbols and fixes segfault in nmbclient
which had symbols with the same name; closes: #404266.
- Does not use the "search" keyword of resolv.conf anymore;
closes: #404534, #405327.
* Re-add a postrm to cleanup the mdns_* entries from nsswitch.conf but act on
package removal instead of purge to avoid breaking the DNS when the lib is
removed and to ensure perl is still present; closes: #406198.
* Document the changes made to postinst in NOTES.Debian and document the
history of the postrm as well.
* Updates to README.Debian; add upstream URL for troubleshooting.
-- Loic Minier <email@example.com> Tue, 9 Jan 2007 18:45:27 +0100
nss-mdns (0.8-6.1) unstable; urgency=low
* Non-maintainer upload to fix a long-standing RC bug and to beat the
package into shape before etch with suggestions from upstream; thanks
* Configure with --disable-legacy, as recommended by upstream for security
reasons; the legacy mode might be offered in a separate binary package for
the corner cases where it can be useful; see full discussion in #393711;
depend on avahi-daemon as nss-mdns will not work without avahi when
compiled like this; closes: #399297.
* Only suggest zeroconf instead of Recommending it: even if it can act as a
nice complement to nss-mdns, it is intrusive and orthogonal to nss-mdns
and conflicts with avahi-autoipd; closes: #353131, #392590.
* Suggest avahi-autoipd as an alternative to zeroconf.
* Remove offensive comments in postinst and README.Debian.
* Document the history of postinst snippets in debian/NOTES.Debian to permit
handling all upgrade paths.
* Depend on Perl for the postinst snippets using the perl interpreter.
* Rewrite postinst to handle all upgrade paths.
- Does not wipe NSS configuration which matches the upstream recommended
configuration during upgrades from versions 0.8-4.2 or 0.8-5;
- Install the upstream recommended configuration for first installs and
upgrades from versions which did not automatically insert mdns in the
NSS setup (unless mdns is already setup); closes: #393711.
- Keep configuration intact when upgrading from versions which installed
the upstream recommended configuration.
- Remove whitespaces added in upgrades from version 0.8-4.2 or 0.8-5 to
- For upgrades from 0.8-6, attempt to revert the problematic "mdns_minimal
dns mdns" configuration and to install the upstream recommended
* Update README.Debian to match the above changes and a planned changes in
avahi-daemon which should disable itself if a .local SOA is found after a
change in the DNS settings.
-- Loic Minier <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sun, 24 Dec 2006 20:27:30 +0100
nss-mdns (0.8-6) unstable; urgency=medium
* Revert hostile package takeover.
* "Unbreak the world" (Closes: #392813)
"So whether nss-mdns does or doesn't support "search local" is of no.
concern to me -- I just doesn't want it to interfere with my otherwise.
Walter Hofmann on Joey Hess and Sjoerd Simons' period of maintainence
* Revert switch to CDBS.
* Switch to using a sane /etc/nsswitch.conf
so we don't break existing setups, or those over which the user has
* Revert "clarifications" as well.
* Recommend, once again, zeroconf.
-- Anand Kumria <email@example.com> Mon, 16 Oct 2006 12:18:55 +1000
nss-mdns (0.8-5) unstable; urgency=low
* Take over the package for the pkg-utopia team. T
* Acknowledge NMU's (Closes: #388864, #351990, #353131, #378608)
* Switch to cdbs. As a side-effect the sysconfdir and localstatedir are set
correctly (Closes: #387231)
- Added. Prevent unaligned access when creating/parsing dns packets..
-- Sjoerd Simons <firstname.lastname@example.org> Wed, 11 Oct 2006 11:32:46 +0200
nss-mdns (0.8-4.2) unstable; urgency=low
* Add postinst that will add mdns entries to /etc/nsswitch.conf on new
installs and on upgrades from the previous version. Closes: #388864,
* Add postrm to remove mdns entries from /etc/nsswitch.conf when the package
* Local modifications to the file will be preserved accross upgrades.
* Depend on base-files 3.1.10 or higher to get a nsswitch.conf that is not a
conffile and that doesn't have mdns entries from base-files in it.
* Switch to nsswitch line recommended by upstream in #388864 after getting
clarification from upstream, and update README.Debian.
* Remove recommends on zeroconf. Closes: #353131
-- Joey Hess <email@example.com> Fri, 22 Sep 2006 21:10:25 -0400
Loïc Minier <firstname.lastname@example.org>