Re: nano update request

Hey vorlon,

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 02:41:26AM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > translation updates. There's a segfault and memleak fixes in CVS that I
> > can apply to 2.0.1 and upload to unstable if there's chances of getting
> > it accepted in etch. If not, I'll just wait for 2.0.2, not targetted at
> > etch.
> segfault/memleak certainly sound like important bugfixes to me; I'm willing
> to consider them.

I uploaded nano 2.0.2-1 to unstable nearly 3 weeks ago, with the
intention of getting it approved in etch. Unfortunately, I didn't review
the diff closely enough, and besides the above segfault/memleak fixes,
there are other minor bugfixes which appear (after 3 weeks) to be stable
and safe (no reports in the upstream mailing list, no known regressions,
etc.).

If approving 2.0.2-1 is possible, this is my prefered option, obviously.
The diff is "big", but excluding comments and docs, it's not that scary.

If 2.0.2-1 isn't an option, I'll see about preparing a tpu upload.
I'm attaching the ChangeLog entries for 2.0.2.

Thanks for considering,
Jordi

GNU nano 2.0.2 - 2006.12.20
- General:
        - Miscellaneous comment fixes. (DLR)
- browser.c:
  do_browser()
        - Properly handle directories that contain nulls. (DLR)
- files.c:
  do_insertfile()
        - Properly handle filenames and executable commands that contain
          nulls. (DLR)
  write_file()
        - Properly handle filenames that contain nulls. (DLR)
  do_writeout()
        - Fix a segfault when we can't get the full path of either the
          filename we want to save under or the original filename. (DLR,
          found by Mike Frysinger)
- nano.h:
        - Rename NANO_ALT_REPLACE_KEY to NANO_REPLACE_ALTKEY, for
          consistency. (DLR)
        - Rename NANO_ALT_.* and NANO_.*ALTKEY to NANO_META_.* and
          NANO_.*METAKEY, for consistency. (DLR)
- search.c:
  update_history()
        - Fix minor memory leak. (DLR)
- text.c:
  do_spell()
        - When setting i to the return value of write_(marked_)?file(),
          use the "?" operator instead of an if/else clause. (DLR)
  do_verbatim_input()
        - Fix minor memory leak. (DLR)
- winio.c:
  parse_kbinput()
        - Add missing break. (DLR)
        - Fix minor memory leak. (Itay Perl)
  parse_verbatim_kbinput()
        - Fix minor memory leak. (DLR)
  edit_draw()
        - Fix potential warnings when assigning -1 to paintlen by using
          if/else clauses instead of "?" operators. (DLR)
- configure.ac:
        - Reword several option descriptions, for clarity. (DLR)
- doc/faq.html:
        - Add miscellaneous wording and capitalization fixes. (DLR)
- BUGS:
        - Add miscellaneous cosmetic fixes. (DLR)
- README:
        - Update for the 2.0 branch of nano. (DLR)

jordi@sindominio.net     jordi@debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/