Re: Please unblock kqemu, second try

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 05:57:58PM +0100, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> >   bah, the solution to your problem has been explained already
>
> ....which has to go through NEW and given how people like my 'please
> unblock/hint' requests from me on -release, is much harder (if ever) to
> get into etch.

  well, that looks like a acceptable deal to me, even if not RM. But you
know, not everybody maintains 123 packages in main, and sponsors sth
like 300. (Meaning that you're responsible of 4 to 5% of the packages in
main).

  If you just consider that the RM refuse 3% of the requests, well, you
necessarily will have more refusals than other maintainers :)

> better have no device creation in etch than the current broken one,
> better have a package without the device in etch than no package in etch.
  well, that's your call, after all you're the bug reporter, but I'd
tend to think like Julien on this. that makes little sense to ship and
package a binary module and stop half way.

  Ping RM Team, would a NEW package like I described it two posts ago be
accepted ?
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit