Re: pylons and webhelpers need to go into Etch

* Oleksandr Moskalenko (malex@debian.org) [061211 23:20]:
> My "pylons" package has gone through the NEW queue last weekend and
> "webhelpers" has gone in just a bit earlier. If they don't make it into Etch
> then a number of other packages already in Etch will have very questionable
> utility because they together comprise a stack of dependencies for Pylons,
> which is a python-based web development framework. So, please push pylons and
> webhelpers (which is 17 days old, but is blocked by a 6-days old simplejson
> update, which needs to be pushed into Etch as well) into Etch. The packages
> are quite straightforward and are extremely unlikely to introduce RC
> regressions. I've been using them for my own web applications for many weeks
> already without any problems.

Sorry, but one has to draw a line at some place - I might have been
willing to make an exception for one package, but not for three. I know
that this is unsatisfying for you, but one has to stop accepting new
stuff into etch at some point.

Cheers,
Andi
--