Re: Preparation of the next stable Debian GNU/Linux update (I)

On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 09:59:53AM -0700, Kevin B. McCarty wrote:

> First of all, the above should also mention DSA 1134.
>
> Second, is it planned to include the next round of security updates to
> the Mozilla family by Alexander Sack?  (cf. [0] [1])  For some reason
> these don't seem to have gone into security.d.o yet and it would be very
> nice to ship mozilla* packages that are up-to-date with security fixes.
>
> Third, please note that even if those updates don't get into Sarge r3,
> the existing mozilla-thunderbird security update needs a bin-NMU on i386
> [2].
>
> CC'ed to Alexander.

There have been minor glitches in communication, which unfortunately
led to this delay, sorry! However, I am expecting the latest security
updates "every minute".

And yes, we should wait or bin NMU thunderbird. If I know more, I will
let you know.

 - Alexander

--
 GPG messages preferred.   |  .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **
 Alexander Sack            | : :' :      The  universal