Re: [sven.luther@wanadoo.fr: Re: Mass kernel udeb building solution]

[ Note: Reply-To set ]

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 06:59:57PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:

>Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> writes:
>
>> Dear listmasters,
>>
>> Please block sven.luther@wanadoo.fr from posting to the debian-release
>> mailing list.  He appears to be incapable of exercising self-restraint in
>> using the list for its intended purpose.
>
>Hello Steve,
>
>I disagree with you here since Sven wasn't doing that for a long
>time. Frans, in his last message, broght it up again as you can see
>here:
>
>,----[ Message-id: <[🔎] 200608152142.58612.elendil@planet.nl> ]
>| Although I have not read all posts in the thread completely, I have
>| skimmed most. It was nice to see that a relatively independent person
>| basically has the same objections to Sven's proposal as Joey Hess, I and
>| also Steve Langasek have been giving for over a year now (although
>| presented with much more patience, for which my compliments).
>|
>| This thread has also again shown that Sven is not really interested in
>| discussing the issue, but only in pushing his own agenda.
>`----
>
>I agree that Sven's message was off-topic but Frans' message wasn't
>suitable and well tasted.
>
>So I ask to listmasters do not to do that.

It doesn't matter; Steve Langasek was very clear in asking Sven to
take the discussion elsewhere away from the debian-release
list. d-release is not a place for off-topic discussion, regardless of
any claimed provocation. Steve is one of our RMs, so his word should
count when it comes to blocking people from the -release mailing list
IMHO.

"Further comment on how I feel about IBM will appear once I've worked out
 whether they're being malicious or incompetent. Capital letters are forecast."
 Matthew Garrett, http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjg59/30675.html