D-I Beta 3 and /etc/defaults/pcmciautils

Congratulations on releasing Etch Debian Installer Beta 3! I used the businesscard ISO today on an ancient laptop, and it all went pretty smoothly! One suggestion, though:

When the installer uses a pcmcia device to perform an install, and it installs a system that relies on pcmciautils, it it would be a big advantage for it to also put the necessary hints into /etc/defaults/pcmciautils so the installed system can access the pcmcia device too. In my case, simply creating the file with the single line:

    PCIC=i82365

was sufficient.

To be fair, I didn't install the "laptop" task. Would doing so also have fixed this difficulty?

--
Sean Shapira    sds@jazzie.com