Are manual binary NMUs evil?

Hej,
still trying to get rid of libtasn1-2 and gnutls11 I have stumbled upon
packages that only depend on these packages on i386. I could fix these
by simply making a binary NMU. However I am not sure whether this is
still allowed nowadays or whether binary NMUs should only be triggered
by -release and be built on the buildd network.
cu andreas
--
The 'Galactic Cleaning' policy undertaken by Emperor Zhark is a personal
vision of the emperor's, and its inclusion in this work does not constitute