Re: RFC on gnome-python-extras circular build-dep

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006, Steve Langasek wrote:
> It affects stable in the sense that there are packages in sarge which depend
> on python-gnome2 expecting this to provide the various -extras interfaces.
> So yes, this is a "stable" issue, and just dropping the dependency would be
> a problem for etch because it would break the partial upgrade path.

 Hmm indeed, if someone only updates gnome-python from stable, other
 packages might be broken.  I thought we would keep the Depends only
 until apps are fixed.   :-(
   I suppose Ubuntu doesn't promise a partial upgrade path for any
 package set that respect the dependencies.

 The split looks really stupid now, should we introduce some
 python-gnome2-2 or similar that python-gnome2 depends on, and use
 python-gnome2 only as a transition package?

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>