RFC on gnome-python-extras circular build-dep

        Hi,

 As discussed yesterday on IRC, there's a problem with the circular
 build-deps of gnome-python-extras.  gnome-python-extras build-deps on
 python-gnome2-dev which depends on python-gnome2 which depends on
 python-gnome2-extras; the problem is caused by a conflict between the
 old python-gnome2-extras which depends on mozilla-browser, and the new
 one which build-depends on libxul-dev.

 The circular build-deps appeared with gnome-python 2.12.4-2 where I
 added a compatibiliy Depends to temporarily downgrade RC bugs: packages
 which used to depend on python-gnome2 should update their deps to also
 depend on python-gnome2-extras.

 The conflict appeared with gnome-python-extras 2.14.0-2 where I moved
 from mozilla to libxul-dev.

 Here are the proposed solutions:
 1) request buildd admins to handle this manually, by forcing the build
    of gnome-python-extras 2.14.0-2 without gnome-python-extras
    installed or without mozilla-browser installed
 2) reupload gnome-python without the new compatibility depends, reopen
    the RC, build gnome-python-extras 2.14.0-2, reupload gnome-python
    with the compatibility depends
 3) reupload gnome-python-extras without any libxul / mozilla build-deps
    and deps, build it, then reupload one with libxul-dev build-dep and
    deps readded; this should build since there won't be any conflict
    anymore

 It seems to me all three solutions are ugly, but I'm in favor of 2)
 because we lived without a Depends for some months and the Depends
 should be removed when packages have updated their deps anyway.

 It would be nice to get comments on other possible solutions, and on
 the choice of the best solution.

   Thanks,
--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>