Re: python 2.3

On Thu, 2006-12-28 at 18:14 -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > What about users who are depending on Python 2.3?  Do they just lose?
>
> Users who depend on obsolete software always lose when the bar moves.  I
> don't find that a compelling reason to keep python2.3 around for another
> release cycle, when it's going to be dropped later anyway.

It seems to me that there if we think there is a reason to have more
than one version of python *at all*, then we owe our users the same
consideration we offer other developers.

That is, if the reason for having multiple versions is to accommodate
programs that work with one but not the other and to assist in
transitioning, surely we owe the same help to users who may have their
own programs?

Thomas