Wesnoth 1.2 uploaded

On Sunday, 24 December 2006 10:06, Andreas Barth wrote:
> Please allow us to remind you once again on the upload policy: If your
> upload is not meant for Etch, do not upload it to unstable but to
> experimental.  If your upload is meant for Etch, please make sure prior to
> your upload that it matches our criteria as mentioned in the last mail,
> and also make sure your upload actually reaches Etch.

Hi, dear release monks.

I've been some days away and Wesnoth 1.2 was released in the meantime, I've
uploaded it to unstable today, and then I've read Andreas's message about the
upload policy. Sorry for uploading to unstable without prior permission.

I think Wesnoth 1.2 should be included in Etch. Just now Etch has Wesnoth
1.1.12 (aka 1.2rc1), which was released a month ago. In these month we fixed
several nasty bugs in 1.1.13 (1.2rc2) and 1.1.14 (1.2rc3) and as everything
seems to be fine, we've released it as 1.2 now.

You can have a look at the changelog from 1.1.13 at:
http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/wesnoth/tags/1.2/changelog
(it has some new stuff, but it's not code, just images, translations,
icons, ...).

And it includes several important fixes like:
   * fixed a crash when image is missing (patch #647, thanks to pauli)
   * fixed a crash when attacking a sea serpent (bug #8075) (patch #648)
   * fixed a crash in the recall event_handler
   * fixed game crashes during AI turn (#7988)
and some AI fixes. In addition the current version in Etch has some
incompatibilities with the 1.2 multiplayer server that would prevent people
from playing in the 1.2 mp server.

I hope this can go in :)
--
Isaac Clerencia at Warp Networks, http://www.warp.es