Re: Please allow checkinstall in testing

* Felipe Sateler (fsateler@gmail.com) [061217 22:25]:
> After the usual 10 days for low priority packages (which are due today[1]),
> I'd like checkinstall to progagate into testing. This is because Sarge
> shipped with a version of checkinstall (1.5.3-3), and after it's release an
> RC bug[2] was filed against it and later on removed from testing. The
> latest checkinstall upload (1.6.1-1) fixes this bug and thus I think it
> should go into testing. Checkinstall has no rdepends, so it has no impact
> on other packages.

Eh, checkinstall was dropped from testing in February. I'm not too sure
we should allow it back at this late point in the release cycle, but
perhaps someone else in the release team has a different opinion on
this.

Cheers,
Andi
--