Re: permission to upload lilypond 2.10 to unstable

Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> In the interests of our users (TM) I'd like to upload lilypond 2.10 to
> unstable.  This is the current stable release of lilypond.
>
> Advantages:
>   Depending on how long the release takes, it may be appropriate to
> transition this to testing at some point. But this is a quite minor
> thing.

Very unlikely.

>   Depending on how long the release takes, users of unstable should not
> have to put up with 2.8 when 2.10 works.
>
> Disadvantages:
>   It becomes a little more laborious to make any necessary fixes to the
> 2.8 in testing (they would have to go through testing-proposed-updates).

Which is not a good thing if the changes have to be tested properly...

> I believe the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

I don't.

> "But you could put it in experimental."
>
> Actually, what I intend to do is put 2.11 (upstream's experimental
> branch) into experimental.

You can put both of them in experimental with different source packages...

Cheers

Luk

--
Luk Claes - http://people.debian.org/~luk - GPG key 1024D/9B7C328D
Fingerprint:   D5AF 25FB 316B 53BB 08E7   F999 E544 DE07 9B7C 328D