regression fix for "xchat" (Re: Etch frozen!)

On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 11:08 +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> This means that, for all packages that still need to be updated for
> Etch, the rules are as follows:
>
>   - If your package needs to be updated for Etch, and the version in
>     unstable doesn't contain extraneous changes (e.g, the version is the
>     same between testing and unstable), please upload your fix to
>     unstable and contact debian-release@lists.debian.org.

Package "xchat" version 2.6.8-0.3 is in unstable.  It would be nice to
see this version released with etch.  The changes with the version in
testing are:

   * NMU.
   * debian/rules, debian/control: Fixed spell checking.  Closes: #399143.
     Removed the option --enable-spell and build-depends on libsexy-dev to use
     the by default enabled spell checking using libsexy2.
   * debian/rules: Removed obsolete --enable-japanese-conv and --enable-zvt
     switches.  Closes: #353007.
   * debian/patches/04_patch361525.dpatch: Added.  Activates the busy cursor
     while xchat is loading.  Closes: #361525.
   * debian/rules: Clean some more in the clean rule.

Version 2.6.8-0.1 broke spell checking.  The --enable-spell configure
option behaves slightly different in the newest upstream version, and I
overlooked that.  This regression is fixed in version 2.6.8-0.3.

The other changes are quite trivial I guess.

My three NMU's are with permission from the maintainer (cc).  He
welcomed my help, and he answered my e-mails within 24 hours.

http://packages.qa.debian.org/x/xchat.html
http://packages.qa.debian.org/x/xchat/news/20061209T013214Z.html

Regards,

Bart Martens