Re: New upstream releases for bluefish and docbook-xsl for Etch

Hi Daniel,

On Sun, Nov 19, 2006 at 03:30:27PM +0100, Daniel Leidert wrote:

[bluefish]

> > Um, gnome-devel is an important reverse-dependency.  We can't just drop
> > the meta-gnome2 package from etch if bluefish ends up broken, after all.

> It's just a bug-fix release (I'm upstream as well) and we do many tests
> to ensure, that it will not "completely break".

> > By the upstream description, this doesn't sound too bad, but I'm still
> > somewhat wary because this isn't a package we can just kick out if it's
> > broken.

> This release only fixes a bug, that broke clean bluefish installations
> (see the BTS). The rest are only minor bug-fixes, no heavy or minor
> code-changes. So I'm pretty sure, that it will not break.

> > As long as you're agreeing to stay on top of any bugs that do
> > appear and get them fixed in a timely manner, I'm ok with this.

> I agree.

Ok, then please proceed as you believe is appropriate.

[docbook-xsl 1.72]
> > No.  An "IMO" is not enough when we're talking about introducing
> > incompatibilities in a package as deep in the dependency chain as this one
> > is.  We've already been dealing with a dozen or so build failures over the
> > past few weeks caused by regressions in various TeX-related packages, we
> > don't need to add to this with behavior changes in our xsl stack.

> Ok. But could I package the bug-fix release 1.71.1 (+ adding the missing
> files in the source tarball and the patches to fix the 2 open
> (forwarded) Debian bugs and a few newly discovered bugs reported to
> upstream)? It's just a bug-fix release for the current version in Debian
> Sid/Etch. I followed their SVN changes and I'm sure, it will not break
> anything. I just did not already do this, because I was offline with a
> broken harddrive. Do I get an ok for this?

If all of the changes in 1.71.1 are accounted for as bugfixes for known bugs
and it's reasonable to believe there are no regression-causing changes,
that's ok to upload, yes.

Thanks,