Proposed library transition: petsc, illuminator

Greetings,

I would like to upload petsc 2.3.2 into unstable and fix an RC bug.
This would be a library transition, as upstream changes API with every
minor release.  But as far as I know, there is only one reverse
dependency, which is illuminator, which I also maintain -- and am
upstream for.

Can I go ahead and work on these, and have an upload in within a week or
two?  The alternative is to just close the RC bug in petsc 2.3.1, but I
would probably get to that in about the same time frame...

Thank you,
-Adam

http://www.take6.com/albums/greatesthits.html