rrdtool

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 04:57:31AM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> We have not yet reached a point where we believe there should be a hard
> freeze of updates into etch, but we ask your continued support by avoiding
> uploads that are likely to introduce regressions or be disruptive to other
> packages so close before release.  Please do not upload new upstream
> releases or start library transitions without discussing with the release
> team, and please don't upload changes to unstable that are not meant for
> Etch.

Unfortunately, librrd2 continues to screw us over. I uploaded a new upstream
version that fixed one grave bug and caused another.

We need someone to allocate time to communicate with upstream and debug
these failures - the original maintainer is inactive.

I'd even venture to say that if we can't do this, it might be worth
reverting to librrd0 (rrdtool 1.0), because all this new code brought in
new non-essential features and broke the essential ones... :(

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.