security support & mozilla, php

Hi,

we have two bug reports against the release notes which should be
discussed here:
#390441: release-notes: Document unclear Mozilla security situation
#398437: Please add notice about PHP register_globals not security supported

Both provide an accurate situation from the security team's point of
view?

For Mozilla, I think we should add a note that in case we drop the
support at some point in the future, we will announce that on
debian-security-announce.

For the PHP register_globals, I assume that any application that we ship
in Debian and requires register_globals will still be supported by the
security team (or don't we have such applications left?)?

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/