Re: Remove giflib from testing

Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Daniel :-)

> giflib 3.x has a nasty security bug (#395382). I uploaded giflib 4.x to
> NEW two days ago, which fixed, amongst others, this bug.

> But in the meantime while waiting for NEW, I recommend to remove giflib
> from testing.

If it's only about the security bug, I don't think it's a good idea to remove
giflib from testing at this time as the bug can easily be fixed by giflib
leaving the NEW queue or patching giflib 3 AFAICS. Though if you think giflib
3.x is not fit for release even if the security bug where fixed, then I'll
happily remove giflib 3.0-12 from testing :-)

Cheers

Luk

--
Luk Claes - http://people.debian.org/~luk - GPG key 1024D/9B7C328D
Fingerprint:   D5AF 25FB 316B 53BB 08E7   F999 E544 DE07 9B7C 328D