Re: Why was cjk-latex removed from testing?

Hi Release team and ftp-masters,

this is a "ping" and a suggestion how to proceed.

Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote:

> * Frank Küster (frank@kuesterei.ch) [061019 18:53]:
>> http://bts.turmzimmer.net/ shows that cjk-latex was removed from testing
>> last night.  However, the bug that is referenced has been long closed
>> since, and there's no other RC bug open.
>>
>> Note that in fact cjk-latex should be removed from testing (hopefully)
>> soon: If latex-cjk-chinese-arphic is processed in new, it can enter
>> testing together with latex-cjk and latex-cjk-japanese-wadalab and
>> replace cjk-latex.  But as long as this is not sure to happen before the
>> release, I think our users are better of with an outdated and somewhat
>> buggy cjk-latex than without anything.
>
> It was removed automatially, as cjk-latex (source package) was removed
> in unstable. Hm, let's try to fix that ...

Any results on this?  Maybe instead of resurrecting the cjk-latex source
package in testing, it would be possible to kind of fast-track NEW
processing of latex-cjk-chinese-arphic:  It has already been looked at
once by an ftp-master, but was rejected due to a stupid error in the
copyright file (sorry for this).  Nothing else has changed, so probably
it can be processed without much new work.

This would also bring down the RC bug count down by 1...

Many thanks in advance,
Frank

--
Dr. Frank Küster