Re: Release team position on the state of kernel firmware, post GR2006-007

> As mentioned above, it was discovered late in the process that three firmware
> images included in the upstream kernel that are relevant to the installer are
> not distributed under clearly DFSG-compliant licenses: tg3, typhoon, and
> acenic.  Of these, only typhoon was in sarge; tg3 and acenic had been removed
> from the kernel and have since been readded.

If tg3 and acenic were not in sarge, then including them would
represent a regression in freedom.  The resolution permits keeping
things around which don't meet our standards of freeness, but it does
not permit adding new things.

Thomas