Why was bug #387783 downgraded from serious to important?

Hello,

As a reporter of Bug #387783[1] I'd like to ask why it was
downgraded[2] (by Andreas Barth) from serious to important, not making
it RC anymore.

According to etch_rc_policy[3] "Everything in non-free must be
distributable by Debian". I take this to implicitly mean that
everything in main must also be distributable by Debian.

This bug is about possibly *undistributable* files, and so should
clearly be an RC-bug. (See the bugreport[1] for details)

The Co-Maintainer Eduard Bloch of the affected source-package
cdrkit[4] also agrees[5] that "we are talking about possibly
*undistributable* files".

[2] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=387783;msg=44
[3] http://release.debian.org/etch_rc_policy.txt
[4] http://packages.qa.debian.org/c/cdrkit.html
[5] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=387783;msg=54

ps. Since the decision to downgrade[2] this bug was done by Andreas
Barth, I don't think I have the authority to restore the severity to
serious, and so I wanted to contact the Release Team to know what they
think about this matter.

--
Markus Laire