Re: Rebuilding all etch packages inside etch, round 2

On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 11:16 +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> Internet access was not available from the nodes. Are build scripts
> allowed to download files from the Internet during build ? Some perl
> modules do this in their tests.

No, this is definately a bug. I've indeed encountered it a couple of
times already in Perl test suites. It's a problem because:
- It's a privacy concern - without being asked, some information about
  the system is being sent to a remote host;
- I should be able to build a package on e.g. my disconnected laptop
  or on your disconnected cluster;
- The test has a high probability to fail lateron because of the
  referenced host disappearing.

Scanning through your logs, I've "only" found 3 perl packages that fail
on this, I'll make sure I'll file the appropriate bugs on them
(libmath-randomorg-perl, libpoe-component-client-http-perl,
libwww-myspace-perl).

Thijs