Re: [Debian Installer] General release plan for RC1

On 10/10/06, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
The current plan is to ship GNOME 2.14 in etch [1]. This was a hard
decision to make, but we prefer shipping a rock-solid and polished 2.14
version rather than a buggy 2.16 version with which Ubuntu is having
many issues.

 [1] http://oskuro.net/blog/freesoftware/gnome-2.16-etch-2006-10-06-21-45

If a decision like this happens, could you guys please post it to the
relevant debian lists, like debian-gtk-gnome and/or debian-release,
since I only bumped into the info by chance.

thanks...