hypothetical bin-NMU versioning question

I have a hypothetical bin-NMU versioning question (this is asked only
for my curiosity, so don't give it a high priority).  Suppose that
package X (version 1.0-1) is bin-NMU'ed on architectures A and B.  At a
later time it needs to be bin-NMU'ed on architectures B and C.

Will the  bin-NMUs be numbered incrementally independently on each arch,
or grouped by round?  That is, will the arch:any binary packages of X on
arch C get version 1.0-1+b1 or 1.0-1+b2?  (I'm pretty sure that arch A
will end up with 1.0-1+b1 and arch B with 1.0-1+b2, but correct me if
that's wrong.)  And does this numbering depend upon whether the reasons
for the first and second rounds of bin-NMUs are the same or different?

Thanks and best regards,