Re: intent to do a poppler transition

On Mon, 02 Okt 2006, Ond??ej Surý wrote:
> poppler 0.5.4 (f.d.o PDF rendering library) was declared stable by
> upstream and I would like to upload new version to unstable which
> changes SONAME from 0 to 1.  No API changes were done between 0.4.x and
> 0.5.x so just rebuild with new libpoppler-dev should be enough.  Also

I remember a patch in the bts that should make tetex/texlive ready for
poppler 0.5, the patch came from the ubuntu people which are shipping
0.5.
(http://patches.ubuntu.com/t/texlive-bin/texlive-bin_2005.dfsg.1-1ubuntu2.patch)

So is there really ONLY a recompile necessary ...

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
MARKET DEEPING (participial vb.)
Stealing one piece of fruit from a street fruit-and- vegetable stall.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff