Re: m68k not a release arch for etch; status in testing, future plans?

Stephen R Marenka <stephen@marenka.net> writes:

> I'm not saying quantity isn't a problem or that politics isn't annoying,
> but the m68k port's biggest problem since gcc-4.0 rolled out has been
> the toolchain.

I don't think this is the only thing, however.

Notice that guile-1.6 has not built on m68k since 1.6.7-1.1.  None of
the m68k porters have filed a bug, nor has the buildd team.

Moreover, it would be *entirely* reasonable for guile upstream to say
"I'm sorry, we don't support m68k and don't intend to."

There are a number of such language processors, not just the
GCC-related toolchain.

The m68k team will need to be the do-it-all porters of *all* such
toolchainy software, not just GCC.  You'll need to work on guile and
scm, and plenty of other stuff.

Are you ready?

Thomas